KITE RUNNER Schedule of Readings 07-08
KITE RUNNER SYLLABUSAssignment Due that Day
|1.||January 24||Pass out Books and Intro to Kite Runner|
|2.||January 28||Ch 1-3 (1-23) Vocabulary Due|
|3.||January 31||Ch 4-5 (24-47)|
|4.||February 4||Ch 6-7 (48-80)|
|5.||February 7||Ch 8-9 (81-109) Sticky Note Check|
|6.||February 11||Ch 10-11 (111-142)|
|7.||February 14||Ch 12 (143-165)|
|8.||February 25||Ch 13-14 (166-194)|
|9.||February 28||Ch 15-16 (195-213)|
|10.||March 3||Ch 17-18 (214-227)|
|11.||March 6||Ch 19 (228-242)|
|12.||March 10||Ch 20 (243-258)|
|13.||March 13||Ch 21 (259-272)|
|14.||March 17||Ch 22 (273-292)|
|15.||March 20||Ch 23 (293-310) Sticky Note Check|
|16.||March 24||Ch 24 (311-343)|
|17.||March 27||Ch 25 (344-371) Finish book|
|18.||March 31||Journals Due|
Daily Prompts and Exit Slips for Kite Runner -07-08
- Question of the Day: What makes someone a friend?
- Exit Question: Who would you rather have as a friend- Amir or Hassan? Explain.
- Question of the Day: What is a coward?
- Exit Question: Is Amir a Coward? Why or why not?
- Question of the Day: Loyalty, Truth, Sacrifice and Punishment: What does each word mean and how do they relate to one another?
- Exit Question: Is Amir truly sorry for what he did? Explain.
- Question of the Day: How do people hide/escape from their issues? Why?
- Exit Question: Do you think Amir can/will escape from his issues? How?
- Question of the Day: What is it about Love that heals wounds?
- Exit Question: Should Amir tell Soraya about Hassan? Why or why not?
- Question of the Day: Can a "wrong" really be made "right"?
- Exit Question: What do you imagine that Amir could do to make it all right?
- Question of the Day: Under what circumstance would you lie to someone you love?
- Exit Question: How is Baba's lie justified? Unjustified?
- Question of the Day: Why is going home sometimes the hardest thing to do?
- Exit Question: What is significant about what Amir does in the last paragraph in chapter 19 (p242)?
- Question of the Day: Do you think it is acceptable to sacrifice one life for the good of many lives? Explain
- Exit Question: Should Zaman be punished? Explain.
- Question of the Day: Is Farid right when he says, "Just forget it all. Makes it easier." ... "To go on," (263)? Explain
- Exit Question: John Lennon was all about Peace, Love and Harmony. How is Amir calling the Talib official "John Lennon" ironic?
- Question of the Day: What lessons do children really need to learn to grow up well?
- Exit Question: Amir enters the Talib Official's house as a coward. What does he leave as? Justify your answer.
- Question of the Day: Why are father/son relationships so important?
- Exit Question: Who do you think has a better father-son relationship- Amir/Baba or Hassan/Ali?
THAT'S ALL FOLKS!